Stephen was born, raised and educated in Lancashire. Upon graduating from the photography course at Blackpool in 2001 he moved to London and started his career in photography. Whilst assisting some of the most renowned photographers in London he built up his own client base and is now shooting for advertising and design agencies with clients such as Adidas, L&Q, British Land, Lendlease, Strongbow, Ryanair, BT Sport, Nuffield Health and Barclays.
Stephen works on personal projects for which he travels the UK and beyond and says of his work ‘I am fascinated by peoples endeavour. Striving to achieve something. Whether it be sports, work or just in life; people are at their most compelling when they are engrossed in something they are passionate about’.
- 2022 AOP Awards – Gold Award for Sports series Calcio Fiorentino
- 2020 Prix de la Photographie de Paris – Honourable mention
- 2019 International Photography Awards – 3rd place winner Extreme Sports
- 2017 Association of Photographers Awards – Non Commissioned Portrait winner
- 2017 Association of Photographers Awards – Discovery Award winner
- 2015 International Photography Awards – Honourable mention